Sunday 2 June 2013

Lupa Masa Ranau, Sabah

While I was at Poring Hot Spring Ranau (Sabah), I saw a banner stating "Lupa Masa" where the meaning is "Forget Time" in Malay language. So, I decided to go there. The journey was at least 30 minutes walk crossing three rivers and into the jungle trail. 


Michael Gordon was a really great guide. He showed us around the vicinity of Lupa Masa. There were many species of frogs especially the Microhylidae and Megophrydae. Also, mammals that are really rare to observe in the wild such as the flying squirrel and tarsier. However, I didnt actually get to see these amazing mammal as time were not on our side.

Overall, you can sleep at Lupa Masa and learn the survival skill in the forest..Just beware of 'many leeches'..I mean 'Many'.

No comments:

Post a Comment