Saturday 16 May 2015

Phylogenetic tree

Constructing a phylogenetic tree

1. While  I was cleaning/editing my sequence, to construct a phylogenetic tree, I found out even 1 base can change (or make a major change) to my phylogenetic tree.

2. I also noticed that an out-group makes a lot of difference in phylogenetic tree, an outgroup using one, two or three species makes a lot of changes.

3. In addition, downloading from a genebank needs a great caution since anyone can upload it, so editing is necessary with reference from your own sample (if any).

4. To increase bootstrap value, I would throw out sample that I believe is not of quality (I used a DNA that is old of at least 1 year above)

5. So, I suggest to make a lot of trial when constructing a phylogenetic tree before proceeding with discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment